FIRST Robotics Competition Team 111
Establish and maintain a relationship with local media (e.g., Daily Herald) promoting WRSA fundraising events, writing and distributing press releases after events for media outlets, D214, and sponsors. Update sponsors with team activities on a monthly basis.
Create a fun, friendly and positive team vibe throughout the season and help students and families to support WildStang and our alliance partners at competitions. Activities include, but are not limited to:
• Merchandising: Ordering all spirit items for WildStang. Can include t-shirts, chums, key rings, name tags, spirit wear, etc. Track receipt of fundraising amounts.
Planning for FRC competition season – meals and hotel venues. Work with D214 coaches and mentors from October-April time frame. Current events are:
• FRC Regional (Milwaukee)*
• FRC Midwest Regional (Chicago-UIC Pavillion)
• FRC World Championship (Detroit)*
Confirm travel arrangements including hotel (when needed) and meals for students, mentors, and chaperones. Order breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Organize food and beverage donations from parents, schedule volunteers as needed.
Planning for team events outside of team travel. Currents events are:
• FRC Kickoff – Plan and organize kickoff luncheon for students, teachers, and mentors. This is held the first Saturday in January.
• WildStang Open House – Presentation to parents, sponsors, D214, and media revealing the year’s robot. Water and light snacks. Usually the third Sunday in February.
• Awards Night – Beverages and light snacks for annual WildStang student celebration. Usually mid-May.
• Mentor Appreciation – Coordinate appreciation efforts from students.
Works with the Public Relations Committee, mentors, D214 coaches, and team members to procure corporate sponsors. This would include:
• Create and update materials for presentation to potential corporate sponsors
• Sponsorship outreach
Seeks government and private grants to benefit WRSA, write & submit applications and track the grants process.
Plan and organize all WRSA fundraising events. Current events are (but not limited to):
• WildStang VEX Concessions (December)
• Illinois FIRST FLL Concessions (January)-if selected
• Illinois FIRST FTC Concessions (February)-if selected
Working with the hospitality committee to: recruit parent volunteers, track student participation, set the menu, pricing, ordering and shopping for (non-donated) food items and necessities (paper goods) and providing a financial report to the Board. It is suggested that there be two co-chairs for this committee.