WRSA Parent Volunteer Opportunities
Volunteering with WRSA is easy! There’s many ways to support WildStang through the many events throughout the year.
Come back to this page often to see upcoming Volunteer opportunities.
Public Relations Team
- Newsletter Coordinator
- WRSA Website Coordinator
- Establish and maintain a relationship with local media (e.g., Daily Herald) promoting WildStang and WRSA fundraising events
- Writing and distributing press releases after events for media outlets, D214, and sponsors.
- Update sponsors (via email) with team activities on a monthly basis
T-Shirts and Spiritwear Team
- Assisting with organizing and distribution of team T-shirts
- Overseeing Spiritwear store
- Support teachers with promoting team spirit
- Sponsorship Outreach- Works with the public relations team, mentors, D214 coaches, and team members to procure corporate sponsors. Curate target lists for solicitation.
- Grant Writing-seeks government and private grants to benefit WRSA/WildStang. The team identifies potential grants, writes and submits applications, and tracks the grants process.
- Assist with other fundraising initiatives supporting WRSA and their mission.
Assisting at events and/or coordinating food and beverage donations. Tentative events include:
- First Robotics Competition (FRC) Kickoff – Kickoff luncheon for students, teachers, and mentors. First Saturday in January.
- WildStang Open House – Presentation to parents, sponsors, D214, and media revealing the year’s competition robot. Water and light snacks. Usually the third Sunday in February.
- Awards Night – Beverages and light snacks for annual WildStang student celebration. May event.