What is WRSA?
WildStang Robotics Support Association (WRSA) is a parent-run 501(c)(3) not for profit organization, established in 2014, to support the District 214’s Robotics teams (WildStang and Plus One). WRSA has elected board members that serve to support the mission of the teams. WRSA’s goals include providing financial, moral and organizational support.
WRSA seek to facilitate support for the Teachers, Coaches, Mentors & Students by:
- Organizing and funding annual travel to two regional competitions and the World Championships in Houston, TX (if either team qualifies).
- Organizing and funding off-season competitions in summer and/or fall
- Funding Team Equipment
- Ordering competition T-Shirts and managing the Team’s spiritwear shop
- Providing food and supplies at various team events
- Supporting Programs Community Outreach Efforts
- Attending regional and championship competitions and cheering the team’s performance
- Funding the team’s trailer used to transport the robot, tools, and supplies to and from competitions
- Providing regular communications to all parents about the Wildstang Robotics Program and WRSA activities.
The WildStang Robotics Program succeeds with support from parents and the community. WRSA membership is automatic!
The WRSA Board cannot do this alone, we need YOU! You can help by volunteering to work with any of the committees supporting the team throughout the year. These committees include:
There are plenty of opportunities to participate and support the WildStang Robotics Program: you can chair a committee, participate in monthly Dine & Donate events, donate food items for concession sales, and attend a WRSA Board meeting and share your ideas. Any monetary donations are tax deductible.
Please view the WRSA events calendar and look for emails from the WRSA Board throughout the season for different ways that you can help support WildStang Robotics Program and our kids.