Midwest Regional Preview
After the 8 week long build season, the Infinite Recharge Competition Season is finally here for WildStang. This Thursday, Friday & Saturday, March 5th-7th, Wildstang will be competing at our first of three competitions; the Midwest Regional. Along with 53 other FRC teams, from across the US and from around the world, including Mexico and Turkey, teams will all be competing for the win, which comes with an invitation to the FIRST World Championships.
The Midwest Regional is being held at the Credit Union 1 Arena, (formally the UIC Pavilion) on the University of Illinois-Chicago Campus. At the event, you’ll be able to visit the pits and see the robots close up and watch 2 days of exciting competition. Make sure to wear closed toed shoes, and most importantly safety glasses. If you don’t have your own pair, you can borrow safety glasses at all of the Pit Entrances. And don’t forget to represent WildStang by bringing tie-dye, navy blue, or any other WildStang memorabilia.
Midwest Regional kicks off this Thursday, March 5th. WildStang will be sending our Drive Team & Pit Crew for a day of robot set up & calibration, along with several practice matches. The entire WildStang team will attend the competition, starting with the Qualification Matches at 9:00 am, Friday, March 6th. On Saturday morning, Qualificatios continue until 12:15. Immediately after, the top 8 teams will pick their Alliance partners to compete in the Elimination rounds, starting at 1:30, to determine the Midwest Regional Champions.
If you’re attending the MidWest Regional, all former WildStang team members, mentors, and parents are invited to celebrate WildStang’s 25th season. On Friday, March 6th, from 5:00 to 8:00 pm, at the UIC Student Service Center, (across the street from the Credit 1 Arena), the WildStang 25th Season Reunion Committee will be hosting a reunion. The cost is $10.00 at the door and light food and refreshments will be served.
Before heading out to the Midwest Regional and cheering on WildStang, you can get an overview of the game, the rules and how the tournament works.
If you’re unable to attend in person, there are several ways you’ll be able to keep up-to-date on all the action from WildStang:
- View the WildStang schedule & match results and Qualification rankings through the Official FIRST website.
- The Blue Alliance site provides team schedules, match results and qualification rankings. They also have apps for your smart-phone in the Google Play and the Apple App Store.
- Watch a live stream of all the action from the Midwest Regional, including all WildStang matches, on TwitchTV, the official Live Streaming partner of FIRST. You can watch the Live Stream, with a curated selection of cameras during match play, or new this year, the Multi-View feed, with multiple cameras positioned statically during match play.
- WildStang will provide updates on Twitter and Instagram throughout the competition with match previews, results and updates of what’s going on with the team. Tweet your support for the team and use the hashtag #WildStang & #FRCMWR
- The schedule for the qualification rounds will be released no later than Wednesday night. An update will be posted on the WildStang website, and Twitter.
The team has put in countless hours of hard work designing, fabricating, and testing the robot for the the Infinite Recharge competitions. We thank our coaches & mentors for all of the time they have put in for what already has been a great season. We’d also like to thank all of our fantastic sponsors!
WildStang is looking forward to competing with all of our alliance partners at the 2020 FIRST Midwest Regional.